Tuesday, March 16, 2010

So as I sit back and look at my oldest daughter drive for the first time, I sit back and I wonder where the time has gone. She is 17 and I have come along way as far as being on my own. We talk about her plans for the future and I can honestly say "she has a good head on her shoulders." I start talking to her about making something out of herself and not to depend on anyone, but herself. I told her that she does need to go to school and make a life for herself. I struggled throughout the years supporting myself and 4 children. Emily (my daughter) has seen the struggles and the things that we had to go without because the support was not there. It is frustrating that I can't just go out and buy what I want when I really need it. Yeah, I love to take my kids on a vacation to the beach or to Disney world. Those dreams seem to be so out of reach, it is depressing at times.

I separated from my abusive husband the end of August 2001 and it was the best decision that I ever made for myself and my kids most of all. Life can be rough, but you stand strong and move forward with a smile on your face. I moved my four children back to my hometown to have the much needed help from my mom and grandmother. They helped me out more then anyone will every know. We have had a lot of fun, great laughs, and some tough times. To me, that is just a part of life that everyone goes through time to time and it is how you deal with it what makes you in the end!!

At times I was working two jobs and I did put myself through college. In the end, I graduated with my MBA. Jobs are so hard to obtain at this time due to the economy, I am at a point of thinking of going back to school. It is just that I don't want to owe anymore loans. Nursing is something that has become of interest...It is just a matter of whether I can do it or not.

I hope that my hard work to keep my family together pays off in the end. I want my children to know that going to school is very important and finishing is the key element. I worked hard, I just want my kids to realize in the end...."My mom was the strong one!" Emily is strong in so many ways and she has been through a lot with me, but I have a strong feeling she is going to go far!!!! Make me proud Baby Girl!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment